I WAITED 40 YEARS!


I opened up my computer one morning in 2007 and found an email from a social network from a Mr. J.  Price.  I had joined this network several years before and had only been contacted by a few school friends, so I didn't expect any amazing or stunning communication from this web site.
after opening the email from this Mr. J. Price, I found that this person was asking if I knew a Mr. Shelby Garden.  I though how strange, and reached for my purse to get my credit card out to pay for the subscriber charge that was necessary to be able to answer this unknown person.


I typed in the credit card number and while I was getting busy ready to answer this pertinent query, I was thinking that maybe it was a friend of my dad's inquiring.  I said Yes, I know this person - it's my dad! 


When in a sudden-- in a flash it swooped into my brain that this could be my long lost brother.  My dad had remarried when I was about 14 years old to a lady with whom together had a son.  I knew that I had a half brother for all of my life, I knew what his first name was.  I knew that my dad and his mother had been divorced when he was small and that his mother had remarried.  I knew where they lived when they were married, remembered visiting there when I was in my teens.  That was all I knew and didn't have much to go on to try to be able to find my half brother, in that I knew that somewhere along the way I had been told that he was given his step father's last name, which made it near to impossible to find him since I didn't know what his new name was.


This email turned out to be a great answer to one of the deepest desires of my heart.  To be rejoined to my half brother.  He received my email and because he was extremely cautious and very dubious about the whole thing, he sent me another email asking me if I knew what his mothers name was as a test to see if I was really his sister.


He asked me for his dad and my dads phone number and address, and I gave him what I had.  He went to visit his dad when he was 30 something for the first time of meeting him and they went out to dinner.


Unfortunately, he lives in another country from me, so we can only visit across skype when we do. 

(names have been changed to protect the innocent)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM BACK !

I got a DOG...she is an AUSTRALIAN SHEEP DOG MINATURE

FOUND RELATIVE!