SWEET MOMENTS THE NAME I CALL MY KITCHEN

There comes a time when I just have to have a yummy chocolate brownie with nuts in it.  Some people don't like nuts in them, like my son for example, and some people don't want raisins in the cinnamon rolls either -- but I have to have them or I don't really want to eat the cinnamon roll.  Picky huh?
So, anyway back to my kitchen -- I don't really enjoy being in the kitchen I would rather be oil painting instead unless it is that I have an urge to make a dessert which I do enjoy doing.  Apple Pie is my signature dish well known in my family for being the best apple pie you can find in the West.   Its very simple really -- and I love to make them. They are not hard to make -- if you keep in mind that the trick is keeping everything very cold even your hands (I run them under the cold water faucet if they get warm).  First I get the flour pour that into the food processor, then cut up very cold butter and add that into the flour with a pinch of salt.  Whirl that up until its fine breadcrumb in size and add 2 or 3 tablespoon of very cold water.  Spin that up and you have the pastry for the pie crust.  I like to roll it out to the right size of the pan (2 times) one for the top one for the bottom and place it in the buttered dish with the top crust folded and put into the middle of the pie dish on top of the bottom crust that has been made ready for the apples.  While the pie crust and dish are in the fridge I get busy cutting up my apples.  Then I take out the pie crust in the dish and the fridge and tip into the pie crust my cut up apples.  Sprinkle a little sugar about 1/4 cup or less depending on your taste and add about a tablespoon of cold water on top of that.  Seal up the edges nice and tight and prick the top with a fork and brush on a little milk (for browning) and put into a 400 degree oven for about an hour.  Epicurious delight!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM BACK !

I got a DOG...she is an AUSTRALIAN SHEEP DOG MINATURE

FOUND RELATIVE!