PRINCESS LOUISE

Recently I read a book about Princess Louise - the daughter of Queen Victoria of England.  It was a biography and a very detailed account of her life.  I found her life of quite a bit of interest in that she was interested in art and poetry as I am.  She also was a sculptor and she had done a sculpture of her mother Victoria and placed it in Canada as far as I remember.  Anyway, the book detailed her life quite extensively.  She appears to have had a miserable childhood, and was more than a little depressed.  She then became an adult and got married and lived some of the time in Scotland and some of the time in England.

She loved to work in her garden in her Scottish yard and plant and pick flowers.  She was quite a sensitive soul - but she also had a great sense of humor.  She was at a flea market at one time and picked up a tea pot and a nearby policeman said you have to put that down madam, with which she replied "quite right, officer", and went on her way.  A nearby stall person said to the officer "do you know who that was?", and he replied "I don't care who she is -- orders is orders"!

So with that, I was impressed and inspired to paint her.  This oil on canvas and can be found on pixels.com under the title PRINCESS LOUISE where you can order a print if you are interested in it.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM BACK !

I got a DOG...she is an AUSTRALIAN SHEEP DOG MINATURE

FOUND RELATIVE!