WHEW -- ITS HOT!!

We are having 100 degree weather right now, its going to be in the higher 90s and 100 plus weather for at least a week here on the Northwest of the USA.  That makes it very difficult for the fire fighters that are battling fires in California and other places in the West making extreme heat all the more hazardous.

Here this weekend we have hydroplane races and an Art Walk in the Park and I really don't know how people can stand to be out on the water or anywhere outside with these temperatures.  I took Candy for a walk early while it is still relatively "cool" if you call 79 degrees cool.  And while in the park I took this picture of the river that is just behind our house about a block.  I watched a man set up his umbrella atop his boat which is anchored in so he doesn't drift.


I always thought (coming from London UK) that umbrellas were for rain -- but no, here where I live now they are to keep from getting sunburned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM BACK !

I got a DOG...she is an AUSTRALIAN SHEEP DOG MINATURE

FOUND RELATIVE!