CANDY AND CHEWY
(How I named my dog)


Candy is her name.  I called her Candy because she looked like caramels - could pass for a tootsie roll or cotton candy because of her tail.  Candy likes to "drop-roll-and spin" especially when she is playing with her friend Chewy.  And then she likes to run figure eights around him when we take them to the baseball field. 


We go for walks up on the dike by the river and she meets a lot of dogs up there - some big ones, some small ones: all kinds and sizes.  It helps her to see she is not the only dog in the world.


When she gets bored she likes to play with an old shoe or blanket or scratch the sheets on my bed like she is burying something to find later.  Mostly she likes to walk and play with Chewy who lives next door. 


She is only nine months old, so everything to her is brand new.  She has to stop and smell every flower, every blade of grass and picks up things like pine cones to bring home.


She is very kind and sweet to me and everyone--she licks my face to wake me in the morning, and kisses Chewy all over his face when she meets him.


When I give her a treat - she jumps up like a lollipop to get it.  And because she has curly hair when I give her a bath-- she looks like a licorice stick! 


So because I couldn't choose between all those candies -- I called her Candy!

@cherylbrand

I wrote this hoping it would be a children's book.  If you publish or know of a publisher that would like to make this into a book let me know.  I think it would make an adorable picture book -- what say you?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I AM BACK !

I got a DOG...she is an AUSTRALIAN SHEEP DOG MINATURE

FOUND RELATIVE!